INTERN for MEMBERSHIP SERVICES
Work with Membership Services Division (MSD) leadership to develop and implement plans to address membership benefits to each market segment.
- Make phone calls, write letters, set up meetings in an effort to build relationships within each market segment.
- Once a new member enrolls in ACIR, prepare an appropriate welcome packet under the President's or Director's signature.
- Develop monthly membership reports to MSD leadership.
- Manage contact and membership list in Wild Apricot (WA).
- Develop and maintain membership analytics to improve decision making.
- Prepare monthly student membership arrangements with Foreign Affairs magazine.
INTERN for PROGRAMS
- Work with Program Division (PD) leadership to develop and maintain contact lists relevant to each upcoming guest speaker.
- In addition to the above, contact said lists by phone, letter, and/or email to notify them of upcoming events that may interest them.
- On behalf of PD leadership, manage all aspects of event management in WA to include event creation, scheduling announcement releases, registrant tracking, and Past Events page development.
- Attend events as photographer, including the uploading of photos after the luncheon to Flickr and the Past Events page.
- Assist PD leadership and Chief of Protocol in working the logistical details surrounding out-of-town guest speakers.
- Work with Marketing, develop WA home page slides and event announcements.
- Develop and print event programs.
INTERN for MARKETING
- Support Marketing Director (MD) in all marketing aspects to include digital, print, and marketing strategy.
- Support all other Divisions with their respective marketing needs. This will include the development of flyers, postcards, letters, etc. as and when requested.
- In collaboration with the media relations intern, develop and execute a social media strategy across the Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter platforms.
- Research local target markets for organization growth through surveys and other forms of analysis.
- With the MD, serve as the overall lead on the ACIR website interface (unless and until a Director of Information Technology assumes the role).
INTERN for INTERN SERVICES
- In conjunction with the desires of the Intern Services Division (ISD) leadership, manage all aspects of the ACIR intern program.
- Maintain the intern services calendar of events for soliciting interns, advertising for interns, and assisting with the selection of interns.
- Maintain the job posting activities in Handshake, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Indeed.
- Collect candidate applications, organize them, and dole them out to appropriate Division heads for their selection.
- Lead the planning of on-boarding day (January 10, September 1), obtain emails for all newly selected interns, and prepare initial training.
- Create a scoring matrix to quickly assess the quality of each applicant.
- With ISD leadership, keep Division heads apprised of suspense dates to submit grades or recommendations for those interns receiving course credit.
INTERN for REGISTRAR
- As Assistant Registrar, support all Registrar activities under the leadership of the Registrar.
- Ensure all event venues are appropriately set up an hour before showtime. This includes the setting up of the registration table, the setting up of ACIR banners, the setting out of event programs, and the preparing and handing out of name tags, among other things.
- In conjunction with the programs intern, manage registrant tracking in WA and manage announcement development and release with the program intern.
- Track daily the email@example.com email account and respond appropriately to inquiries from registrants.
- Communicate with venue catering division to convey head counts, meal preferences, and other details of events.
- Man the registration table at events which comes with the added responsibility of collecting any outstanding fees.
INTERN for MEDIA OUTREACH
- Ensure print and digital media outlets are aware of ACIR events and other workings.
- Develop and execute a motion media platform such as a YouTube channel, growth toward an ACIR podcast, etc. to extend our reach.
- Develop and execute a media advertising plan that optimizes ACIR's reach in the metro Atlanta area and around the Southeast.
- Support Marketing Director's efforts to maintain a top-flight website which may include improvements over our current state.
- Work with Consuls General protocol efforts to ensure appropriate recognition of CG activities associated with the ACIR.